Friday, November 18, 2016

I, A.M. Custom Color Cosmetics Death Mythos Collection- Hel

If you are not familiar with the Mythos 2016 Collection from I, A.M. Custom Color,  you should run over to iamcustomcolor.com and prepare to fall in love. The Mythos Collection is a 4 parter with 6 polishes in each set, each one inspired by a different deity from different mythologies. This is one of the things I love about IAMCCC - Ashlie takes inspiration from unique and amazing things.

Today I have Hel from the Death Mythos Collection. Hel is named after the Norse Goddess who rules over Helheim, the Norse underworld, and Loki's daughter. Here's a great link if you want to learn more about the awesome inspiration for this polish: Hel

Hel (the polish) is a blackened navy jelly with green and copper flakies. Despite the base being a navy, on the nail Hel appears as a deep emerald green that darkens into blue at certain angles. I suck and couldn't capture that angle, but no matter - Hel is so freaking gorgeous that it doesn't matter. I wanted to swim in it, seriously. I took a ton of pics, but nothing does this baby justice.

For this mani I used 2 coats of Hel, topped with SV. I was thrilled with the formula, since glitter and jelly usually means thick and gritty and Hel was nowhere near. The flakies behaved like I had threatened to spank them and the jelly base was smooth and silky. So. Much. Love!!

Here she is in direct light, which reminds me that I need a new Ott light like woah.





Yaaaassssssss! I freaking die now. That amazing glow from the flakies is life. Let's ogle this baby just a little more, shall we?

Different lighting in both shots changes the depth a but, but still amazeballs.




And gratuitous macro shot, because flakies. Ignore the fuzzy center. Looks like I need a new macro lens. Waaaah!


Flakies!!!! Man, I can never have enough flakies. I wore this for three days, which is a long time for me. I have to mention that I usually use a peel off base coat with  flakies, but forgot. Removal was still super fast and easy. I have no idea what kind of witchcraft this woman is performing here, but this polish is super badass in every way.

I think this is definitely one of my all time fave polishes. I just love the colors and finish and depth - plus it just made me happy as hell to see this on my nails. I couldn't even stamp it because it was just too gorg on its own.

Hel and the rest of the Death Mythos Collection (which I have more of, and muuuuuuuuch more from IAMCCC) can be found at iamcustomcolor.com. Ashlie has a ton of amazing polishes as well as bath bombs, cuticle oils, stamping polishes, etc.


**Disclaimer* Polish received at a discounted rate. These are my honest opinions regardless of product price or sample status. *


No comments:

Post a Comment