Monday, January 2, 2017

Happy New Year! with some Color Club Bling!

Am I right when I say that all of us were anxiously awaiting the end of 2016? It seems like it was just the craziest year for so many people. We lost some amazing people as well- literal icons. I'm still thankful that Betty White made it out unscathed.

I am not huge on New Year's celebrations since have never believed that the flip of a calendar pagec has the power the change more than the date. It certainly has never miraculously changed me into someone who was suddenly the opposite of how I am now, so no resolutions from me. I'm heading into the New Year the same way I went out, fighting a tremendous amount of grief and just trying to be the best me I can be.

Having said that, any excuse to wear blingy polish is a good excuse, so I broke out one of my fave sparklies, Color Club Sugarplum Fairy from the 2011 Beyond The Mistletoe Collection. This is one of those glitters that will literally blind you in sunlight, so it's obviously perfect to turn one's fingers into little disco balls for NYE, right? It's a mix of sparkly silver and holographic glitters in a clear base, and is definitely packed enough to be opaque in 2 coats.

I did add some accent nail stamping to this mani, however the glitter and holo is so overwhelming that you couldn't even make out the little champagne glasses and hearts in the image. I do have 10 new double sided stamping plates and a new stamper to play with, so you'll be seeing more stamping than you know what to do with soon enough. Literally as soon as my liquid latex arrives, cause I am not going back to acetone to clean up stamping Nu uh!

This is 2 sponged on coats of Sugarplum Fairy topped with Gelous and SV.

(Do you guys prefer the pics to be this big or smaller and clickable to enlarge? Let me know cause I am kind of going back and forth on it. )





Wanna see some close-up, macro-y goodness? I'm still getting used to my camera, but not a bad shot for a newb. :)



Despite this polish being 6 years old, I still adore it. Some thing are just timeless and silver and holo definitely fall into that category for me. What is your favorite timeless polish? Share with me!

I did use a peel off base coat with this, UNT peel off, and man! They are not kidding with that stuff. I had to fix a few nails within hours since I didn't wrap  my edges well enough and the started to peel off. I've used many a peel off base coat, but this stuff is amazing. I have definitely found a new holy grail.

I am itching to change my mani now so I think I'll go see what I can play with. I'll have more from IAMCCC of course so check back for those.

Hope to see you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment